• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Children beneficiaries to a trust in a different state

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

abbey123

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? FL

Our children are beneficiaries to a trust that was established in New York state. We live in Florida. We have received (through the will) a general outline of how the trust can be established by the trustee. The trustee lives in New York state. As the parents/guardians of the beneficiaries (our children) what rights do we have to monitor the establishment and the status of the trust? The trust in this case is a sum of monies. Is there a location on the Internet where we can obtain legal information pertaining to this subject?

seniorjudge

Our children are beneficiaries to a trust that was established in New York state. We live in Florida. We have received (through the will) a general outline of how the trust can be established by the trustee. The trustee lives in New York state.

I am assuming (in answering this question) that a will established a trust.

Q: As the parents/guardians of the beneficiaries (our children) what rights do we have to monitor the establishment and the status of the trust?

A: None, unless the trust instrument (which, as I said, I am assuming is the will) gives y'all some kind of rights. The kids will get whatever the maker of the trust wants them to have.

Q: The trust in this case is a sum of monies. Is there a location on the Internet where we can obtain legal information pertaining to this subject?

A: There are millions of websites devoted to this subject; narrow down your search on Google.

http://www.law.com/

http://www.finance.cch.com/

I can't guarantee the accuracy of either site.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">