• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

children by student visa holder

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



i'm in the usa with an international student's visa. i'm four months pregnant and cannot marry my boyfriens as he died in an auto accident. but i want to keep the baby. can i have the baby here? and will i be able to take a semester's leave from my university without violating my visa status?



reply to laining

i believe you can get a special permission to be not enrolled and not fall out of status due to illness. you need to talk to your
foreign student advisor as soon as possible. pregnancy is considered an illness.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential