• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Children ordered to leave USA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

gasher

My three children aged 15 and 10(twins) have been ordered by a US district judge in Tennessee to leave the US and travel to Australia to attend a custody hearing. They are all US citizens and each one objects to leaving their home here. This order came as a result of an application by the Australian Government under the Hague Convention Child abduction act.What rights as citizens do they have?????

[Edited by gasher on 12-13-2000 at 04:40 PM]

LegalBeagle

gasher said:
My three children aged 15 and 10(twins) have been ordered by a US district judge in Tennessee to leave the US and travel to Australia to attend a custody hearing. They are all US citizens and each one objects to leaving their home here. What rights as citizens do they have?????
You have an attorney ??.. I do not believe an USC can be ordered to leave the country in this manner. Was the order directed at you to get them there ??.. surely not directly at the children ?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">