• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Children that need a voice to speak for them

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? VA

I don't know if this is where I need to post or not but here goes.
I know of a girl that has three children, 5, 4,2 I think are the ages. This girl is on Meth and other drugs, has men there while the children are in the other room. Stays in bed while the oldest takes care of the younger ones(getting whatever he can for them to eat, the baby eats off the floor most of the time. The girl is not married and two of the children have the same dad and the other has another. I believe one is in jail right now. One of the children the 4 year old has some problems(behavioral) and at times is locked in a bedroom so he can't get out. He has set fire to the mattress and hurt animals ect.

There is just to much to even begin to write. I want to know if I call social services in the county she is in will they get help for these kids. Or will it just fall through the cracks. You can see them out with no one watching them, barefoot in the cold. The mother of the girl will not do anything afraid she will not be able to see the kids, I think she would with grandmother rights even though she has no job. Please tell me how to help these little children with out it coming back to bite. I would like to remain unknown.

I know of these children because the mother of the girl lives with my brother.

Please give me some advise on what I need to do.
Thanks

Silverplum

Well, of course you should call social services in your area.
No one here can guess how quickly or well they will respond. But they can't respond at all if they are not notified. So get on the phone and do it.

ceara19

Well, of course you should call social services in your area.
No one here can guess how quickly or well they will respond. But they can't respond at all if they are not notified. So get on the phone and do it.
And if you KNOW that some type of abuse or neglect is going on at a specific time and the children are in IMMEDIATE danger (ie - she's left the kids alone, the kids are running around outside w/o supervision, etc) call 911.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">