• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Children's claim in auto accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mamatobunches

Nebraska state.
We were rear ended, and we got the car taken care of, and the children, four of them ages 14-9 were released from their docs for the medical portion of this, they are stable, and good to go. I am still going to chiro and pt.
So, questions: Their damages were pretty minor, about $1500 to $2500 in medical bills each.
Im not sure what is acceptable for settlement for what they've been through.
Also, I have whiplash and have been going to chiropractic and pt for two months now, getting slowly better. Can my spouse file a claim for what he's been through, having to make up around the house for the work I cannot do?
Thanks!

adjusterjack

Im not sure what is acceptable for settlement for what they've been through.
If your bills and your childrens' bills all came from the same chiropractor, you'll be lucky to get just those amounts paid.

Chiropractic is the bane of the insurance industry. Chiropractors overtreat and overcharge and will continue treating you as long as you are willing to pay where a real doctor's focus is on the injury.

All I can suggest is submit the bills to the insurance company and see what kind of offer comes back. Your childrens' injuries appear minor so don't expect more than a few hundred.

As for you, I suggest you go see a real doctor and stop running up bills from your chiropractor.

Can my spouse file a claim for what he's been through, having to make up around the house for the work I cannot do?
No.

If you hired an outside service and paid for it you could claim those expenses if your injury actually prevented you from doing whatever it is you do around the house.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">