• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Children's rights to sleep in only 2 homes, not 3?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Just Blue

A 30 minute school commute isn't a mountain, but it is more than a molehill.

Dad can do sex stuff with his girlfriend at his own house.
We are talking about an extra 40 min per MONTH. OP is making a mountain out of a grain of sand.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Oh, you all know the time the school starts. I forgot.
We don't need to. OP told us that it's a 20 minute drive to the house where they then ride their bikes to school (10 minutes), like normal. The OP has made it clear that this happens only very rarely during the month. And again, waking up 20 minutes early to allow for a 20 minute bike ride is NOT traumatic for a child unless the adult makes it so.

LdiJ

It's a 20 minute drive from one place to another. The kids are still riding their bikes for the 10 minutes to school. I'm thinking a molehill is an exaggeration.
I think that Xylene has a point that if dad has to spend the night with his girlfriend while he has the kids, it ought to be at his house so that the kids lives are more accommodated than dad or his girlfriend's. However, I suspect that dad's girlfriend also has kids and that she doesn't want to do that because its not convenient for HER children.

Just Blue

I think that Xylene has a point that if dad has to spend the night with his girlfriend while he has the kids, it ought to be at his house so that the kids lives are more accommodated than dad or his girlfriend's. However, I suspect that dad's girlfriend also has kids and that she doesn't want to do that because its not convenient for HER children.
Perhaps, since you want to want to add facts not posted by OP, Dad doesn't have a spare room as GF does.

Dear Lord! I am so flipping glad my kid's are not/were not so delicate that they "stress" over getting up a bit early 2 or 3 times a month.

By all means OP can file to modify the CO to add 3rd bed restrictions. She will of course have to prove that sleeping at GF home now and again is harmful to her kids. Hope she has a few grand to pay for the GAL.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
A 30 minute school commute isn't a mountain, but it is more than a molehill.
Once a week? Molehill. Maybe no more than a very small anthill. Kids who take the bus frequently have a longer commute than 30 minutes.

I'd help mine adapt by telling them to quit whining.

ETA: What I *might* do is talk to Dad about perhaps getting another mattress for the spare room (or an air mattress), so the kids don't have to share a bed.

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Good Lord! Now you deign to decide which house dad and kids sleep at? Sorry, that ain't how it works, and you know it.

LdiJ

Good Lord! Now you deign to decide which house dad and kids sleep at? Sorry, that ain't how it works, and you know it.
Pound sand Zig. The best interest of the child is what matters. Everyone has different opinions on the best interest of a child.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Sarcasm blue light ON

Yes, and strangers on a message board are surely in the best position to decide what that is.

Sarcasm blue light OFF

*talking to everyone here, not singling anyone out. Let's not forget that we're here to give legal information and not to rearrange people's lives.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">