• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

childs medical expenses

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

texasdivorce

What is the name of your state?Texas
My divorce was final on June 23, 2005. I received a certified letter from my ex-wife today, Sept. 7, 2005, stating that she wants half of all medical expenses she has incured since January 2005. She also included a past due statement of medical bills that have been incurred since February of 2004. Am I liable for half of all of these expenses or only the ones incurred since the divorce was final?
She also included a letter from her insurance company stating that the monthly insurance premium for her 2 children is $330.45. Only one child is mine, the other one is from her first marriage. The insurance company letter also says that the premium would be the same if only one child was covered. Am I supposed to pay the entire $330.45?
She is saying that I owe her insurance starting in July 2005, however the final decree clearly says that I am to start paying the first day of the month following the date I receive written notice of the premium amount. Since I just received this notice today, Sept. 7th, I assume I do not start paying until October and that I do not owe her for July, August and September. Am I correct?
Finally, can you clarify for me a section of the divorce decree that states that she is to give me bills and receipts within 10 days of the occurrence
and I am to reimburse her for 50% of those expenses within 10 days of receiving them. This falls under the heading of "Payment of Uninsured Expenses". Does this include the copays and deductibles?
Thanks for your help,
Texasdivorce

Gracie3787

texasdivorce said:
What is the name of your state?Texas
My divorce was final on June 23, 2005. I received a certified letter from my ex-wife today, Sept. 7, 2005, stating that she wants half of all medical expenses she has incured since January 2005. She also included a past due statement of medical bills that have been incurred since February of 2004. Am I liable for half of all of these expenses or only the ones incurred since the divorce was final?
She also included a letter from her insurance company stating that the monthly insurance premium for her 2 children is $330.45. Only one child is mine, the other one is from her first marriage. The insurance company letter also says that the premium would be the same if only one child was covered. Am I supposed to pay the entire $330.45?
She is saying that I owe her insurance starting in July 2005, however the final decree clearly says that I am to start paying the first day of the month following the date I receive written notice of the premium amount. Since I just received this notice today, Sept. 7th, I assume I do not start paying until October and that I do not owe her for July, August and September. Am I correct?
Finally, can you clarify for me a section of the divorce decree that states that she is to give me bills and receipts within 10 days of the occurrence
and I am to reimburse her for 50% of those expenses within 10 days of receiving them. This falls under the heading of "Payment of Uninsured Expenses". Does this include the copays and deductibles?
Thanks for your help,
Texasdivorce
Unless you write exactly, word for word, what the decree says about CS, insurance and medical bills, no one will be able to give you an accurate answer.

The one thing that I can answer though is that you do not have to pay for her other child's insurance. If it is only your child and her other child on the policy, you only have to pay your child's portion, or one half of the total premium.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">