• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

childs name change

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


shellie cook

we live in colo. my husbands children were born in texas, they have there moms last name but, are now at an age that they have told us they want there dads name. how do we change there name. we now have temporary emergency custody due to stepdads abuse. also should we document what the children brought with them to use in court, they had very few articles of clothing, which were all filthy and also she (bio mom) wouldn't and still want send his meds for adhd.



my husband had this problem and this is what we were told. you can't change their last name unless the biological parent is dead or agrees to it. If she won't then you have to wait until the child is 18 and then they have to change their name legally

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential