• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child's passport

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

maia71

Hello

The USA embassy refuses to issue passport for a child (US citizen by birth) who is under 16, because his single mother (former legal emigrant is not in the US since 1996), changed her name and can not proof parentage. The US embassy refuses to issue permission for a DNA test. The US consul humiliates mother all the time and tells her that she’s a liar. He doesn’t want to hear anything except mother’s name change, what she can not provide by the fact that her name change which was done in her country back in 1993, as we investigate many times, was illegally issued by the passport office. What can be done in this situation? Can the US embassy refuse to arrange DNA test in this situation? Can The US consul play on child’s life and keep him in foreign country almost 2 years whit out valid passport? After mother’s multiple visits to the US embassy, she was kicked out because she asked the US consul for a DNA test. He told her that DNA test does not proof anything. If he’s sure that mother lies, than he has to alert The USA Children’s services or FBI agents, that US citizen child is in danger and some “liar” (mother) is pretending her self as mother???? He’s not doing anything to protect US citizen Child but he’s making worst, he’s not allowing mother and son to proof parentage by DNA test.

Thanks

ShyCat

DNA would only prove biological parentage, not legal parentage. An adopted child would have biological parents that are legal strangers to the child. For purposes of obtaining a passport, the legal parentage must be proven. So Mom must obtain sufficient proof of her name change in the foreign country.

maia71

Thanks so much for your kind reply.
I can not proof my name change in my country, but I can get the document (from the government) which says that, all passports before 1995 (former Soviet Union) and personal records were destroyed under the new government law. My Q was: can the USA embassy refuse for DNA test?
After DNA positive test result, I also can proof my legal guardianship to the child: we were together all this years, we have photos, and we have the same visas (for different countries) in our passports, whit the same dates. I have witnesses from the USA and my country who can provide me "the U.S. Department of State, AFFIDAVIT OF IDENTIFYING WITNESS (IDENTIFICATION OF A PASSPORT APPLICANT)". Is that not enough for biological and legal relationship to the child? By the way, he is under 16 but after couple of months hell be 16, he is not a baby anymore and he can talk by hem self too.
People can make “fake” documents but they can not fake their lifes. So there must be some other ways to proof parentage.
Thanks again

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">