• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child's surname change

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JBrothers

Hello, my name is Jenifer Brothers. I live in San Antonio, TX.
I got married last month and changed my last name. Now my kids want to change their name to match ours. I've looked online for the form, but I don't know if what I'm finding is correct. All of the sites I've been to want me to pay $50-$80 for a form. I only paid $30 for the bridal name change kit. I can't imagine that one form should cost so much. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Wolflmg

JBrothers said:
Hello, my name is Jenifer Brothers. I live in San Antonio, TX.
I got married last month and changed my last name. Now my kids want to change their name to match ours. I've looked online for the form, but I don't know if what I'm finding is correct. All of the sites I've been to want me to pay $50-$80 for a form. I only paid $30 for the bridal name change kit. I can't imagine that one form should cost so much. Any help is greatly appreciated.
You would need to have the Biological father concent in order to change their last name to match yours.

ksjane

You wouldn't necessarily need the bio fathers permission to change the name, it all depends on the circumstances. Where is the bio father?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">