• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cid officer having sex with wife while in detention facility

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Txtodd63

My wife was incarcerated in local detention facility and during her stay it turns out that cid officer was taking my wife from her cell and having his way with her Evan taking her to his home and returning her to facility when he was done! Because of this all of the circumstances it caused me and her to end our marriage of 15 years! My question is am I entitled to any compansation for this horrific ordeal

Just Blue

My wife was incarcerated in local detention facility and during her stay it turns out that cid officer was taking my wife from her cell and having his way with her Evan taking her to his home and returning her to facility when he was done! Because of this all of the circumstances it caused me and her to end our marriage of 15 years! My question is am I entitled to any compansation for this horrific ordeal
No.

Px Hx.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
No. No, you are not entitled to compensation.

An ethics complaint against the CID officer could be filed, even if the relationship was "consensual", because there can be no true consent in this situation.

If anyone has a basis for lawsuit, based on the CID officer's behavior, it would be your EX-wife (and the other women that he victimized).

(By the way, the word is still spelled "even", not "Evan".)

Just Blue

No. No, you are not entitled to compensation.

An ethics complaint against the CID officer could be filed, even if the relationship was "consensual", because there can be no true consent in this situation.

If anyone has a basis for lawsuit, based on the CID officer's behavior, it would be your EX-wife (and the other women that he victimized).

(By the way, the word is still spelled "even", not "Evan".)
lol...And here I thought the CID was named Evan. :p

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
I'll not be so quick to say that you are not entitled to any compensation. The answer to this depends greatly on the state in which this occurred. While most states have done away with the "heart balm" actions of adultery, criminal conservation, etc, there are a few states that still do have them. So in what state did this occur? And how long ago did it occur?

Just Blue

I'll not be so quick to say that you are not entitled to any compensation. The answer to this depends greatly on the state in which this occurred. While most states have done away with the "heart balm" actions of adultery, criminal conservation, etc, there are a few states that still do have them. So in what state did this occur? And how long ago did it occur?
Arkansas per posting history.

Details that might be relevant:

https://forum.freeadvice.com/threads/judge-on-wife-case-is-member-of-family.646923/

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
Arkansas per posting history.
If it is indeed Arkansas then he's out of luck in pursuing a case for criminal conversation, seduction, etc as Arkansas has eliminated those causes of action. So if the sex was consensual, there appears to be nothing he can do.

If his wife was raped, however, the wife would of course have a civil claim for damages for that that and perhaps also the (now ex-) husband.

Just Blue

If it is indeed Arkansas then he's out of luck in pursuing a case for criminal conversation, seduction, etc as Arkansas has eliminated those causes of action. So if the sex was consensual, there appears to be nothing he can do.

If his wife was raped, however, the wife would of course have a civil claim for damages for that that and perhaps also the (now ex-) husband.
I'm kinda curious how a Criminal Investigation Detective/Officer was able to take a prisoner out of the prison to "have his way with her".

This thread, like his last thread, is...odd.

FlyingRon

I'm kinda curious how a Criminal Investigation Detective/Officer was able to take a prisoner out of the prison to "have his way with her"..
I'm betting this is Texas. The prison department is called the Correctional Institutions Division, a different CID.

Just Blue

I'm betting this is Texas. The prison department is called the Correctional Institutions Division, a different CID.
But still...It seems strange that a CID officer would be allowed/able to periodically take a prisoner out of the prison.

Txtodd63

1. Odd indeed how does cid officer take any female by self away from a detention facility, your guess is as good as mine! While my ex wife stay at detention facility I kept having multiple females she was incarcerated with come and tell me of the situation of cid taking her from cell by himself and returning her several hrs later! I then went to sherrif and notified him of situation where I was basically told impossible, then I told him to review his jail footage from surveillance càmeras and was rudely shrugged off! Approximately a week later I was called in by sheriff and was told cid had been terminated and was given a apologie!

Just Blue

1. Odd indeed how does cid officer take any female by self away from a detention facility, your guess is as good as mine! While my ex wife stay at detention facility I kept having multiple females she was incarcerated with come and tell me of the situation of cid taking her from cell by himself and returning her several hrs later! I then went to sherrif and notified him of situation where I was basically told impossible, then I told him to review his jail footage from surveillance càmeras and was rudely shrugged off! Approximately a week later I was called in by sheriff and was told cid had been terminated and was given a apologie!
Is your ex still in prison? If not...is she still "with" the ex CID officer?

Edit out my out of line comment.

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
How is it that you didn't stand by your wife who was obviously victimized? In essence (and fact)...raped.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">