• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Citation 2 warrant??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

How does a citation end up becoming a warrant, other person didn't seem 2 actually get charged

• Ticket

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Warrant

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

quincy

The citation has a court date or a "contact court" number for a hearing date on it or a "pay by" date. If the deadline is missed, a warrant can issue.

Jojo_K

What did you receive a citation for? Generally a citation is a charge.
Theft under 100$
But the person with me was the 1 actually tag swapping they told her she was being issued a warrant but did not sign anything and I was the only 1 given a ticket and they released her into my custody since she was a minor. I can't find anything for her name only mine.

Jojo_K

The citation has a court date or a "contact court" number for a hearing date on it or a "pay by" date. If the deadline is missed, a warrant can issue.
I missed the 11 days after citation due to my kids work and moving it's been 15 days but online just says citation and 2 pay 580$ I do not have

quincy

I missed the 11 days after citation due to my kids work and moving it's been 15 days but online just says citation and 2 pay 580$ I do not have
Missing the court deadline is what caused the warrant to issue.

You can contact the court and explain to the clerk that you want to take care of the warrant and the citation but you don't have enough money to pay what is owed.

The court clerk can set up a hearing date and you can try to work out a payment arrangement with the court at that time (one to fit your budget), or you could ask the court for community service hours in lieu of paying.

You might want an attorney to assist you with this. You could try to find a low-cost or free lawyer through a legal aid clinic.

One thing you should NOT do is ignore this.

Good luck.

Jojo_K

Missing the court deadline is what caused the warrant to issue.

You can contact the court and explain to the clerk that you want to take care of the warrant and the citation but you don't have enough money to pay what is owed.

The court clerk can set up a hearing date and you can try to work out a payment arrangement with the court at that time (one to fit your budget), or you could ask the court for community service hours in lieu of paying.

You might want an attorney to assist you with this. You could try to find a low-cost or free lawyer through a legal aid clinic.

One thing you should NOT do is ignore this.

Good luck.
It is not a warrant it clearly states it's a citation I just want 2 make sure it does not become a warrant and I've looked into some attorneys who are not as cheap as they claim.

quincy

It is not a warrant it clearly states it's a citation I just want 2 make sure it does not become a warrant and I've looked into some attorneys who are not as cheap as they claim.
Ah. I was confused by your mentions of a warrant.

If there is no warrant, you can probably handle the citation on your own.

Contact the court, explain that you missed the due date on your citation and ask the clerk if you can arrange for more time to pay, a payment plan, or community service hours in place of paying.

Whatever arrangements you agree to, you MUST keep them.

I still recommend you try to find an attorney to accompany you to court.

Good luck.

Jojo_K

Ok thank you I appreciate your help on this alot. I'm never in trouble with the law and my record is clean so I have no idea on what to do in this type of situation..someone also stated I could go turn myself in on like a Friday and I'll be out on Monday like u sit out the amount of the ticket or something like that..

quincy

Ok thank you I appreciate your help on this alot. I'm never in trouble with the law and my record is clean so I have no idea on what to do in this type of situation..someone also stated I could go turn myself in on like a Friday and I'll be out on Monday like u sit out the amount of the ticket or something like that..
If this is your first offense, and depending on which Texas county you are in, you might be eligible for a diversion program which would keep the misdemeanor shoplifting charge from becoming a part of your criminal record.

If you complete the ordered terms of the diversion program to the satisfaction of the court, the charge would be dismissed at the end of your probationary period.

You can contact an attorney in your area to see if this option is available where you live and to seek advice on how best to handle the citation.

We have an attorney from Texas who posts to this forum on occasion. You might want to check your thread later for a response from "CavemanLawyer." He can offer you additional advice and direction.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">