• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Citation - public urination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



During a friend's bachelor party, I received a criminal citation for "urinating on a public street." Penalty is $50-$500 and or 30 days. My previous record is expunged (PBJ- DWI 7 years ago). I am guilty as charged. Should I plead guilty myself? Get an attorney? All this happened in Baltimore. Any advice would be appreciated.


Senior Member
I'd suggest you make sure what the consequences of the conviction would be first, and then decide.

It is not only saving money on the fine (the lawyer's fees would probably be the same as anything you might save) but any residual consequences. A lawyer might make a call and get the charges dismissed, or ACDed (dropped if no further charges are made within a year) or changed to something less embarrassing on the record that carries the same fine.

Paying for 1/2 - 1 hour of a lawyer's time for a consultation and a call may pay interms of peace of mind.

This is intended as general information only and NOT LEGAL ADVICE. You are not my client, and I have no obligation of any kind to you. To retain a lawyer, go to http://AttorneyPages.com


I am a law school graduate currently awaiting Bar results. What I offer to you is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney-client relationship.

Have you ever heard of the phrase any lawyer who represents himself has a fool for a client? The same holds true for non attorneys as well. A lawyer will help you get the best deal he/she possibly can (from no jail time to very little fine).

This is what you can do:
1) read the criminal law section in freeadvice.com at the home page. then I suggest contacting a criminal defense atty --- attorneypages.com should help with that.

hope this helps. your case is not complicated, but even those cases need a lawyer.


In California, you would have been charged with a sex crime (indescent exposure), though the DA would likely have thrown it out.
It is possible that your case will fall through the cracks on never get to Court. If you admitted to this public offense to the officer who cited you, it may be used against you in Court - no Miranda warning required.
I am not an attorney and this is not advice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential