• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cited in kentucky. 1+yr later, FL demands driving education

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Zdurose

I have a FL drivers license. 03/10/14 i was cited for reckless driving in kentucky. I payed kentucky their dang near 500$ and 1 year and 13 days later, i receive a letter from Tallahassee saying i need to complete drivers education or have my driving priveleges revoked. Is that even legal? There is a 1 yr statute of limitations on traffic violations in FL. Since a different state issued the citation over 1 year ago, am i legally obligated to take the course? Is there a way i can fight this?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I have a FL drivers license. 03/10/14 i was cited for reckless driving in kentucky. I payed kentucky their dang near 500$ and 1 year and 13 days later, i receive a letter from Tallahassee saying i need to complete drivers education or have my driving priveleges revoked. Is that even legal? There is a 1 yr statute of limitations on traffic violations in FL. Since a different state issued the citation over 1 year ago, am i legally obligated to take the course? Is there a way i can fight this?
You are in no way required to take the course. Simply refuse and accept the suspension/revocation of your license. Along with this, you will need to find alternative means of transportation.

Statute of limitations does not apply what-so-ever.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">