• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Citibank lawsuit and they are childish about it

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

smohio

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Ohio

I have been sued by citibank. they suck. It was August of 04 and I paid 5250 to them to quote " stop the lawsuit" I owed 15K. so later in month and I have time day and who, offered to settle the account for 6,000 additional. But before I paid the full amount I wanted a letter they said sure. So I paid 3800 withholding 2200 til I received my letter and then it happened the collector was relieved of his duties and he was the third collector from this agency ACS. So they hounded my wife to pay it and she did. Well we heard nothing for one month and low and behold they called saying we owed more. I did nothing stating we had an agreement they owed a letter and they screwed up well now we are in court. that is the short version. The atty states since I have no proof of this settlement I have no rights. I do not know what to do they filed a MOTION FOR SUMMARY JUDGEMENT INSTANTER after the court date was announced and I was a witness. They know they screwed up but I can not prove it, I told them they always threaten with they are taping the conversation but they have said nothing to it. The judges comment on his letter were Plaintiff states amount owe and defendant states amount is paid. That is all his letter stated on the evidence letter not sure what it is. the atty first stated that only one offer had been made to me and I refused but i told them that was not true do to fact that the ACS collector moved according to clown 2 he also quit and clown 3 made the offer. So after ignoring them for 2 months they admitted the 6K but only as a payment, so i stated why would I sporadically make a 6K payment after the 5K and no settlement in place. when the original offer was 11K. they list no #'s in court documents and are wanting a handout can anyone help me with a game plan because I am not afraid of them.

seniorjudge

Verbal agreements are worthless.

Standard answer on expired SOL and/or validation and/or dispute letters. There are thousands of posts similar to yours on this forum so I have prepared a standard answer.

SOL
http://www.bcsalliance.com/y_debt_sol.html

http://www.fair-debt-collection.com/Disputing_Collections/SoL-dispute-letter.html

Validation letter samples you can get at :
www.creditinfocenter.com
and www.creditboards.com

Disputes: You can write a letter of dispute to the three credit reporting agencies.

Go this website to find instructions and samples for how to dispute: http://www.creditinfocenter.com/creditreports/

Sometimes errors are easy to remove and sometimes they stick like glue. It is inexpensive to try and not difficult.

I am NOT a creditor-debtor lawyer; stand by for further help.

I am NOT vouching for the accuracy of these websites!

Debt Guy

Do you by chance perform surgery on yourself? Cut your own hair? Fix the transmission yourself?

$400 for a fee for a professional to make sure this was done right would have saved your thousands.

It it ain't in writing, it never happened.

I am truly sorry for your situation. I don't know of any fix for your problem. The only value is to serve as a warning to others.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">