• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Citizens' band (CB) radio conversations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trucker171

What is the name of your state? New Jersey. Recently, a co-worker recorded and transcribed a CB radio conversation I had with another co-worker and sent it to my employer via e-mail. This same co-worker has taped cell phone conversations between the two of us. These have all happened without my knowledge until after the fact. I certainly did not ever give my consent to be taped in any way. I am unsure what the purpose of any of these tapings are but I do not have a friendly relationship with this person. My question is; are any of these recordings legal?

xylene

Trucker171 said:
What is the name of your state? New Jersey. Recently, a co-worker recorded and transcribed a CB radio conversation I had with another co-worker and sent it to my employer via e-mail. This same co-worker has taped cell phone conversations between the two of us. These have all happened without my knowledge until after the fact. I certainly did not ever give my consent to be taped in any way. I am unsure what the purpose of any of these tapings are but I do not have a friendly relationship with this person. My question is; are any of these recordings legal?
What expectation of privacy would you have on a Citizens Band open channel radio?

I also would like to understnad what you mean by 'taped a cell phone cell phone conversation between the two of us' (ie you and co-worker who hates you or you and the coworker you had the CB conversation with?

Like intercepted electronically a call between you and third party co-worker, or recored a call from you to coworker who hates you...

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
Note to anyone else reading this thread: before you respond, note that the thread is nearly 14 years old. Someone resurrected from the grave, and we should let it quietly rest in peace....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">