• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Citizenship and A number and the address

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nichka

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
NJ
Hi!
I have two questions.
1. I currently filling out forms to petiton my relatives and there is a question with Alien number(those from a green card), that I had before I became naturalized citizen. Do I need to use my A number now on forms or it is for permanent residents only? I am a citizen now.
2. I'm confused what address I need to use to send these forms. I'm submitting the following forms:
I-130, I-485, I-765, I-864, G-325A.
The instructions on I-130 says to use this adress:
PO Box 804616
Chicagi, IL

...the instructions of I-485 says to use:
PO Box 805887
Chicago, IL

Thank you very much for your help.

ImmigAttyLana

Yes, you still need to include your A# if you are a citizen by naturalization. Which relative are you petitioning? Where is the relative currently residing? If abroad, you only submit the I-130 and the supporting documentation and NOT the I-485.

nichka

thank you for your reply.
I was asking these questions regarding my husband petition. So second question is still open... where to file???
We will be sending all forms, mentioned above in one envelope. So address must be only one, I suspect that I-130 should be the correct one, because other applications will be considered only after I-130 is accepted.

And if you can answer one more question:
with affidavit of support I'm including tax return copies for last year and want to make sure that form 1040 along with 1099 and w-2 is enough.?

thank you again for great help!

ImmigAttyLana

You still did not answer the question of where your husband currently is because that determines which forms you can file and where they would be filed.

nichka

Sorry, I missed that part :). My husband is in US and I know what forms I need to file, I just wanted to know where I should file.
Thank you!

ImmigAttyLana

Send it by courier (UPS, FedEx, etc) to the following address:

USCIS
Attn: AOS
131 South Dearborn - 3rd Floor
Chicago, IL 60603-5520

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or how I can be of further assistance to you in this matter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">