• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

City law vs County law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bankwalker01

Ok

If the city passed it's own ordinance regulating video bingo could the county force the city to go by it's ordinance?

tranquility

I hate those who dole out information bit by bit and hesitate to answer because, *it depends*. But, no. The county cannot generally require a city to enforce its ordinances. Nor can the state. Nor can the federal government.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
Oh, and by the by....
Sheriff Hale has already tried that in Bham (at the Race Course), in Centerpoint and a few other locations that escape me at the moment.

I don't think he won.

Also, (though there are no JeffCo specific statutes online in the state code), there are some for Calhoun Co.

And since our beloved leaders at Goat Hill tend to want to micromanage the counties....
Section 45-8-150.06
Bingo games - Legislative intent; prize limits; deductions for actual expenses; consulting fees, management, revocation of permit.

(a) It is the intention of the Legislature that only those qualified organizations which are properly issued permits pursuant to this article shall be allowed to conduct bingo games. A qualified organization shall not lend its name or allow its identity to be used by any other person in operating or promoting a bingo game in which the other person has a substantial financial interest.
(Act 96-662, p. 1075, §7; Act 99-346, p. 497, §1.)
Section 45-8-150.06

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">