• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

City of Los banos has sewage gas coming into my home

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

photoguys2003

Is it possible to sue a city in california?
They have a problem with the sewage lines coming into homes. Its the gas that keeps coming into my home and im terribly sick. I called them and they said they know the problem and its normal.

City name is Los Banos.. it means the bathrooms!
Thanks

pac72

is your sewage main properly trapped ? the trap stops the sewer gas from coming into your home thru the pipes

LdiJ

Is it possible to sue a city in california?
They have a problem with the sewage lines coming into homes. Its the gas that keeps coming into my home and im terribly sick. I called them and they said they know the problem and its normal.

City name is Los Banos.. it means the bathrooms!
Thanks
Do you have floor drains? If not, where is the gas coming in from? If you have floor drains pouring some bleach down the drain goes a long way towards helping the problem. If its coming from somewhere else, bleach might not be the best solution.

quincy

Discovering the source of the problem is going to be the first step to solving it.

photoguys2003, have you had a sewer line/drain inspector out to your house to investigate the cause of the smell?

The city may not be responsible for repairs to the sewer line. A homeowner, for example, could be held solely responsible for repairs to the portion of the sewer line that runs from the street to the house, this if the repairs were necessitated by clogs caused by the homeowner or tree roots. Other repairs to the sewer line will be shared between the city and property owners.

FarmerJ

If your homes sewer vent lines that go thru the roof are clogged then sewer gas can come in, dry floor drains or dry sink & other drain traps can lead to the same problem.

quincy

Tracking down the source of the problem certainly will be necessary before any thoughts of suing the City.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">