• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

City street median

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

calgas

I have a business in the city of Redlands, Ca and the city in 1999 erected a street median at the request of Caltrans because of railroad tracks which, once errected, prevented left turns into our business. Since then the rail road tracks are now dormant and no longer in use.

I have had a traffic study conducted on the property by one of their own approved engineering firms and his conclusions were that there should be a left turn allowed now given the changed circumstances. Additionally the study found the current situation is very dangerous and the new proposal would be safer for all drivers.

We presented this to the city counsel in traffic and parking city meeting and at advice of the city engineer we were denied.

Now the best part is that all the recommendations and decisions by the city were made by their OWN personal and gut feelings and NOT on any actual traffic studies. They did not look at our studies nor did they even care. In fact one of them said based on his own drive to work he doesn't feel the left turn would work.

The business is on the verge of bankruptcy and will close without this left turn.

ADDTIONAL FACTS

- THE CITY HAS A 19 FOOT DEDICATION ON THE SIDE MY BUSINESS IS ON. THEY HAVE NEVER ENACTED A EMINENT DOMAIN AND THIS THEIR SECRET WAY TO GET THE BUSINESS TO TRY TO ENACT SOME KIND OF PERMITS SO THAT THEY CAN GET THE 19 FEET FOR FREE RATHER THAN ACTUALLY HAVE TO PAY FOR IT.

Can I bring an action against them?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">