• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Civil court

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
State: Michigan.

I am wondering if a case starts out as the plaintiff seeking compensation, could it be turned on the plaintiff in favor of the defendant if inconsistencies are discovered

quincy

State: Michigan.

I am wondering if a case starts out as the plaintiff seeking compensation, could it be turned on the plaintiff in favor of the defendant if inconsistencies are discovered
The defendant could possibly file a counterclaim. Would you care to explain more fully what the situation is that leads to your question?

Inconsistencys would be if I didnt have correct facts so I write down what I thought seemed right. Is everything documented in civil courts, do the judges take notes. Is there records of all things related to my case? What if I just said dates and now they arent adding up? Can a civil case against my neighbor turn into a criminal case against me?

quincy

You can amend your complaint. Has the defendant been served and has the defendant filed an answer to your complaint yet?

Yes. You will know if the defendant files a counterclaim.

LdiJ

when do they file a counterclaim? Would I know about it?
Yes, you would know about it, they would have to serve you with the counter claim.

It is unlikely that a civil case could turn into a criminal case, but you have given no details of the situation, despite being asked, therefore no one can give you a valid answer to that question.

Alot of questions I cant keep up. If I exaggerated in writing the damage and the pics dont match at all, not even close, but the defendant did not say anything about it, can they decide to? Can I be charged as a criminal if I am awarded what I said my damages were?

Just Blue

Alot of questions I cant keep up. If I exaggerated in writing the damage and the pics dont match at all, not even close, but the defendant did not say anything about it, can they decide to? Can I be charged as a criminal if I am awarded what I said my damages were?
Damages to what??? What is the basic situation and please try to be cogent. Thanks...

LdiJ

There are two options for you here. Tell us what happened so you can get a valid answer, or stop posting here and consult a local attorney. At this point I am thinking that you need to consult a local attorney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">