• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Civil lawsuit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Hindsight being 20/20 I should have forced it into court without moving. But, I felt trapped because of the lending company's letter crap having come from the property manager, to move or approve a sell on my own. Again neither under the same roof.
@mhines Thank you for your service to our country.

Actually you can write a request for information under RESPA and get the documents that you need to audit your loan, including the original loan documents. If you can find a way to show they breached your contract, then you might have a valid law suit. If they violate RESPA, you can sue and may be awarded damages.

You will also want to ask for a life of loan amortization schedule and payment history including a break down of all fees. I think there is a current class action against a loan servicer for overcharging fees, inspection fees I think it was.

Using RESPA and pursing a breach of contract, mainly doing the leg work that will be very beneficial to take to an attorney will require a lot of dedication on your part.

Last edited:

The home has already been foreclosed and sold.
Just because the home is foreclosed on and sold doesn't mean he has legal recourse. He can use RESPA to get information on his loan such as the break down of all fees associated with the foreclosure sale to see if they were legit and any other missing documents. He can send a request up to a year after the home has been sold.

quincy

Just because the home is foreclosed on and sold doesn't mean he has legal recourse. He can use RESPA to get information on his loan such as the break down of all fees associated with the foreclosure sale to see if they were legit and any other missing documents. He can send a request up to a year after the home has been sold.
It appears to be beyond that point. It doesn't hurt him to explore all options, however.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">