• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

civil or legal pursuit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lit_77060

Since my last boss "resigned", I am finding out several people who where hired after me are making more than I am and doing less work. Definately possible that it is a race issue as well as gender. That I know of one girl in particular has been getting paid more than i for almost a yr even though she was hired 3-6 months after me. She does & know no more than I. EEOC says they can't do anything unless I know there's a guy getting paid more. I am looking for retribution. Am I wasting my time? Does this sound more like a civil litigation, since EEOC needs exact names and instances? How do I get an investigation going on my employer's records and w/who to see if this is even worth pursuing?

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client privilege.

You were intelligent to speak with the EEOC. Okay, with this, I am wondering how you know these individuals are making more than you? If you can find a way to possibly get some written detail: somehow sneak or trick (although I don't advocate this method) into sending you an email or note saying how much they make, like in casual talk or something.

Otherwise, get an employment labor law attorney to somehow subpoena records from HR,
not sure how though. I know exactly how you feel: most recently I was not hired by a company even though I had been working there for two months for a certain position. I was in the position, doing really well by their standards, and they decided to hire someone with much less experience. I think it was a gender/ethnicity issue (i am middle eastern).

Sometimes, you chalk it up to : do you really want to work for people like that? I would rather risk being jobless for a while until I find an employer who welcomes me and appreciates me for who I am.

Hope this helps.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">