• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.


Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



I was injured in september of 1998, and had worked on and off for the following six months then placed on disability in june of 1999. my employer placed me on a medical leave of absence without my authorization. Under the provisions of my union contract, I am only allowed six months of medical leave and then I will be terminated if I do not return to work. Is this a violation of my civil rights under any state or federal law since I am still on doctors orders for disability


Senior Member
Get to your union rep immediately! Or get a lawyer to protect your rights. I'd have to know exactly what the facts and circumstances are and I don't.


You really should contact a labor lawyer that handles unionized employees exclusively, or nearly so. Try finding one at attorneypages.com The union rep is not likely to be of much use to you, but you absolutely have to try that route first!!! There may be federal acts that apply to your situation, such as the Americans with Disabilities Act, FMLA, etc. Good luck!!!

Mark B. Replogle

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential