• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Civil suit after reduced sentence?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M6476

And during my subsequent sentence I was represented by his office by an ADA. Obvious conflict of interest that was not recognized by the court, da's office or public defenders office.

So yes. I was represented by Assistant public defender (obviously not by the ADA).

M6476

And the public defenders office is headed by my former judge...The judge that was presiding at the time I entered my guilty plea.

quincy

And during my subsequent sentence I was represented by his office by an ADA. Obvious conflict of interest that was not recognized by the court, da's office or public defenders office.

So yes. I was represented by Assistant public defender (obviously not by the ADA).
Here is a link to New York’s Rules of Professional Conduct (2017), where you can click on and read the Rules on Conflict of Interest:
https://www.nycourts.gov/LegacyPDFS/rules/jointappellate/NY-Rules-Prof-Conduct-1200.pdf

Had you been found not guilty of the crimes for which you were convicted and/or had your sentencing exceeded the sentencing guidelines, you could have a good basis for a lawsuit. I do not see a good one based on what you have described but a personal review of all facts by an attorney in your area could determine this with more certainty.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">