• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

claim denied by diability ins. co.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

slowpoke99

I had back surgery in nov. of 98. I haven't been able to work since then because of foot drop caused by the back surgery. I had surgery on my leg in june of 99 but they couldn't do anything to correct my problem. I saw my doctor in oct. of 99 and he said I couldn't go back to word driving a truck. I have to wear a brace on my left leg. I was drawing diability from the hartford ins. co. through my employer but they got my doctor to say I could go back to work on a temporary bases in Dec. and the cut me off. My employer won't let me go back to work because they feel it is a safety issue because of the brace. My question is should I try to sue the ins. company or my employer or both and what can I sue for under ERISA. Any info would be greatly appreicated.

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate currently awaiting Bar results. What I offer to you is mere information, not to be construed as creating an attorny-client relationship.

I think you can probably sue the insurance company, the doctor and employer for fraudulent practices and breach of duty.

Contact an employment attorney at attorneypages.com for help!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">