• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.


Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



I fell in a grocery store a few years ago and I hired a lawyer. The lawyer said that I didn't have a case. I need to know how to find out if my claim was ever filed. Please help me.



I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Go to your local court house and ask the clerk of the court. If they cannot find it, you may have a claim against your attorney for malpractice.

Try attorneypages.com or contact your state bar association and ask for an attorney who will follow a malpractice claim. See, your original case may be barred by the statute of limitations, which means you can't recover from the store. BUT, if you can prove that had you filed the case in time, you would have won, you have a great claim against your atty.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential