• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Claims

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Begger49

What is the name of your state? Nevada

Does the insurance company have to pay when
I took out insurance on a car im cosigner on the registration is not in my name i took out insurance because the person did not have a driver's license he did not get his license for one n half years later I let him drive the car he had n accident n he's not on my insurance does the insurance company still have to pay

Just Blue

What is the name of your state? Nevada

Does the insurance company have to pay when
I took out insurance on a car im cosigner on the registration is not in my name i took out insurance because the person did not have a driver's license he did not get his license for one n half years later I let him drive the car he had n accident n he's not on my insurance does the insurance company still have to pay
To clarify...Are you asking if the insurance will cover the damage to the car registered to you?

Begger49

It's no register no me I co-signed on the loan a person that's buying the car is on the registration he had no driver's license when we bought the car I taught him how to drive in it he didn't get his license for almost 2 years then when I was turning the car over to him he had an accident before he could take out insurance on the car he had an accident his fault I put insurance on the car because he didn't have a driver's license

Just Blue

It's no register no me I co-signed on the loan a person that's buying the car is on the registration he had no driver's license when we bought the car I taught him how to drive in it he didn't get his license for almost 2 years then when I was turning the car over to him he had an accident before he could take out insurance on the car he had an accident his fault I put insurance on the car because he didn't have a driver's license
Was he licensed at the time of the accident?

FlyingRon

If someone is a regular driver of the car and NOT listed on the insurance, then you are likely to find the insurer will not cover accidents they cause.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">