• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Clarifaction on visits ( think it is vague)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

I have currently ran into a problem with the mother of my daughter on visitations. We have temporary orders and there are no specifications in the orders about Thanksgiving and christmas. I get visitation with my daughter on the 2nd, 4th, and 5th weekends and weekends extended by a holiday for each month untill final orders are granted. The mother has already cancelled the last three court order visits which included the thanksgiving holiday saying my daughter is sick ( she cancells by email and then when I call she does not answer her phone.) Over the thanksgiving weekend she toke her to the ER and the doctor gave her a note to stay home and rest because she had a upper respitory infection, but her mother toke her to a thanksgiving gathering with over 23 other family members. ( against doctors orders and her family called me to tell me) this has played out for the last three weekends the same way. So my questions are as follows

1.) Even though her mother has gotten doctors notes for every weekend from the ER stateing my daughter was sick if she keeps doing this will the judge see thru this game and can she use being sick to deny my weekend visit?

2.) The christmas holidays fall on the 4th weekend of the month I am unclear as to when to pick her up because Christmas eve falls on a Wed and Christmas Day falls on a Thursday. ( court orders say this : Weekend possesion extended by a holiday-except as otherwise explictly provided in this possession order, if a weekend period of possession by Christopher Llod Stansberry begins on a Fri that is a school holiday during the regular school term or a federal state holiday during the summer months when school is not in session, or if the period ends on or is immediatley followed by a monday that is such a holiday that weekend of possession shall begin @ 7pm on the thursday immesitley preceding the friday holiday or school holiday or end at 7pm on that monday holiday or school holiday as applicable.)

I am just needing alittle help to clear this up and maybe give me a better understanding as to when to pick up my daughter any help wpuld be greatly appreciated....:confused:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
By that wording, Friday is NOT a holiday and you do not see your child until Friday. Thursday is the holiday and it does not account for Thursday holidays.

LdiJ

By that wording, Friday is NOT a holiday and you do not see your child until Friday. Thursday is the holiday and it does not account for Thursday holidays.
I agree. The intent of your orders is that if Friday or Monday is a holiday and falls adjacent your weekend, that your weekend is extended.

However, if the child misses any more of your visits, you will need to take it back to court for contempt.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">