• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

clarification and advice on action

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? Florida

just found out dads brother's ex is likely getting an order against nephew being around him due to his dom. battery charge and alcoholism is that something i should bring up in court when i ask for supervised visitation?

I believe dad is waiting for me to go after cs n est. a visitation schedule so he can take child on his own to mom n dads (he doesnt know i am asking and most likely will recieve sup. visits, right now ill let him see him in a nuteral env. and public place w/ me present whenever he wants. baby is a month old). He has seen him for 15 min once n bought a pack of diapers after i begged him to go to the store for me because couldnt take baby out n couldnt find a sitter. he has had no contact since even when baby was sick he didnt even ask how he was or see him. He looks like he will be abandoning him despite my efforts (wont return calls). How long can he go w/ no contact or support before its considered abandonment? If he does abandon baby what does that mean for him? Like what happens? Thanx so much!

Last edited:

seniorjudge

Q: just found out dads brother's ex is likely getting an order against nephew being around him due to his dom. battery charge and alcoholism is that something i should bring up in court when i ask for supervised visitation?

A: Yes.

how long would he have to give no support and have no contact for it to be considered abandonment? What happens when a dad has abandoned son like the consequeces i guess you could say?

casa

newmommy20 said:
how long would he have to give no support and have no contact for it to be considered abandonment? What happens when a dad has abandoned son like the consequeces i guess you could say?
Research FL state law re; Abandonment. Some states is no contact and no support...some it's no contact...all have varying time frames to constitute "Abandonment" legally.

You don't say how old the child is...If father is paying support, etc.

acmb05

geeez do

casa said:
Research FL state law re; Abandonment. Some states is no contact and no support...some it's no contact...all have varying time frames to constitute "Abandonment" legally.

Some of you even read the whole posts. Baby is 1 month old and no child support is paid

Last edited:

casa

acmb05 said:
Some of you even read the whole posts. Baby is 1 month old and no child support is paid
Yes, we do...and some of us want people to learn the answer...and some of simply what perusers of the forum to know that things like age, etc. matter. :cool:

casa said:

I tried researching n had a very hard time finding anything can someone point me in the right direction? and what happens if a dad abandons child????

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Presumably, paternity hasn't been established. Therefore, legally the dude's not the kid's father and has no (zip, zero, nada) obligations. Abandonment usually takes quite a bit longer than a month.

Zephyr

newmommy20 said:
What is the name of your state? Florida

just found out dads brother's ex is likely getting an order against nephew being around him due to his dom. battery charge and alcoholism is that something i should bring up in court when i ask for supervised visitation?

I believe dad is waiting for me to go after cs n est. a visitation schedule so he can take child on his own to mom n dads (he doesnt know i am asking and most likely will recieve sup. visits, right now ill let him see him in a nuteral env. and public place w/ me present whenever he wants. baby is a month old). He has seen him for 15 min once n bought a pack of diapers after i begged him to go to the store for me because couldnt take baby out n couldnt find a sitter. he has had no contact since even when baby was sick he didnt even ask how he was or see him. He looks like he will be abandoning him despite my efforts (wont return calls). How long can he go w/ no contact or support before its considered abandonment? If he does abandon baby what does that mean for him? Like what happens? Thanx so much!
and why haven't you filed for support?

acmb05

and

casa said:
Yes, we do...and some of us want people to learn the answer...and some of simply what perusers of the forum to know that things like age, etc. matter. :cool:
the question that was asked was in the original post. So when its asked like that it makes it seem like you respond without actually reading but just perusing thru it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">