• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

class action settlement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



My husband was awarded a settlement for loss of hearing in a class action suit against the Fl. Deptof Labor. we have not been able to collect the award. Could you please advise as to what steps I might take to resolve this matter? It has been over a year without results from phone calls and letters. Help!




I would like to help but am afraid I can't. Assuming your husband did not opt out of the class when the proposed settlement was announced, then his award will be handled by the law firm that represented all the plaintiffs in the class action law suit. So you need to contact that law firm. Alternatively you can contact the judge's office that handled that law suit. Or, you can also contact the local bar association and ask for their assistance in obtaining the settlement.

Mark B. Replogle

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential