• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

class c theft under 50

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TX.

I recently was in a mall a d wanted to purchase earrings I took one off shelf but the lady accused me of stealing it. They did not find anything on Mr and the securities came and gave me a citation ticket for court appearance for theft under 50. What should I do. Do I need to go court or just pay fine I heard I can be ban for 1 year. Is this a criminal offense? Please advice.

quincy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TX.

I recently was in a mall a d wanted to purchase earrings I took one off shelf but the lady accused me of stealing it. They did not find anything on Mr and the securities came and gave me a citation ticket for court appearance for theft under 50. What should I do. Do I need to go court or just pay fine I heard I can be ban for 1 year. Is this a criminal offense? Please advice.
Theft of an item under $50 is a Class C misdemeanor in Texas. The circumstances of your being ticketed are strange but you will probably want to consult with an attorney in your area to best avoid a criminal record.

CavemanLawyer

Yes it is a criminal offense and out of all possible class C offenses theft is probably the worst one to have on your record. Your safest bet is to hire an attorney but honestly there is probably no harm in making your first court appearance and see what kind of offer they are making. If they offer you some form of pre-trial diversion that will prevent the charges from going on your record that might be worth it to you and cheaper than hiring an attorney who would likely get you the exact same deal. Keep in mind that a deferred adjudication probation is NOT the same thing as pre-trial diversion and it will potentially still leave something on your record. Do not plead guilty to anything without consulting an attorney, but it doesn't hurt to appear and see what they are offering first.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">