• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Client cancelling 8 days before job with contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You came on here, asked for advice, but didn't follow it.
Also, to be clear, I didn't ask for advice. I asked a question on whether or not the term of the contract expiring on July 15th freed them of their responsibility. Part of the reason I even sent them the invoice initially was because of this. I was fearful that they could just wait out the contract until it expired, as I read that small claims courts generally take six weeks for your appearance.

Anything rendered after my initial question was answered (which you yourself were kind enough to do) was unsolicited. So no, I didn't say 'please give me advice on how to proceed.' I said 'Can you let me know if this is true or not.'

So no, I'm not guilty of asking for something and then ignoring the answer, as your position seems predicated on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">