• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Closed Account and Dispute

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jack135

I closed my bank account with active disputes, if the disputes are denied would that affect me still even with my account having been closed? Meaning, the temporary credit that the bank gave me; since the account is closed and there is no money there, would that negative reversal affect me in any way? Would the bank take me to collections or would they not be able to since the account is closed and they wouldn't have anywhere to stick it since closing their closing of my account would mean the termination of the contract signed when the account was opened?

adjusterjack

would that negative reversal affect me in any way?
Yes.

Would the bank take me to collections
If you owe the money, it doesn't matter that the account is closed.

closing their closing of my account would mean the termination of the contract signed when the account was opened?
No, closing the account doesn't terminate the contract. Read the contract and you'll see.

quincy

jack135, the questions you asked were answered so my question to you now is just to sate my curiosity. What is your dispute with the bank that led to the closing of your account?

Chyvan

What is your dispute with the bank that led to the closing of your account?
He's talking about Reg E or Visa/Mastercard zero liability disputes. He got provisional credit while the bank conducted an investigation, and then HE closed the account in case the disputes didn't go his way.

It happens.

quincy

He's talking about Reg E or Visa/Mastercard zero liability disputes. He got provisional credit while the bank conducted an investigation, and then HE closed the account in case the disputes didn't go his way.

It happens.
I don’t see where he said that .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">