• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Closed Acct

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nanschmidt

What is the name of your state? MT My husband and I filed for bk in Jun and had our hearing on Jul 15. I had planned on using my CU acct as main checking acct until it was closed by CU. I was balancing my checking acct and realized that it was short by $16. Since my daughter was going to town, I gave her the money to put into my acct for me. Imagine my surprise when the teller REFUSED to take my deposit. The CU had taken the liberty of closing my checking acct on Jul 6 and transferring what was in there to my savings. On Jul 23 they transferred my savings balance to the VISA that we are not reaffirming on and closed both accts. Can they do that-legally? I contacted my attny but I guess the trustee has the last say. We received notice of discharge in Sep. What else can we expect now? I know that I need to pull our cr but how long do I wait to do that? We are reaffirming on 2 mortgage loans and 2 veh. loans. Thanks for a great place to find information and a way for all of us to feel that we're not alone with the wolves!

Nancy

bigun

What did your lawyer say? If you listed them in the creditor matrix, it seems like the automatic stay would have kept them from doing anything.

N

nanschmidt

closed acct

My atty stated that the CU was in the wrong and possibly faces legal action - to be determined by the trustee. Since the CU closed the acct and took what money was in there, I had one check bounce. Who is responsible for the fees? Me or the CU that was in the wrong?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">