• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Closed C-corp being sued

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

finemess

What is the name of your state? SC

I had a c-corp that I closed year and a half ago. I was making payments on a promissory note but now all the cash is gone. It was originally a credit line (that had the inventory as collateral) but was converted to a promissory note. My copy of the note does not have anything listed as collateral. I did sign a personal guarantee either. I was told I didn't need to declare BK on the corp because I have lots of assets. I have plenty of inventory left that I have not been unable to get rid of. It is worth (retail) 10 times the amout of the loan. At cost it is worth about 3 times. I tried to offer it to the bank but they said no and are suing me for the cash. They wanted me to put it on my house but I said no way. If I go to court can I offer to turn over some of the assets and at what value(retail or wholesale)??? Do I need to get a lawyer(I am broke and out of work). What should I do?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">