• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Closing a case with CSEA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state?Ohio

Is it possible for the custodial parent to close their case with CSEA? My dh is able to mail his payments through the Illinois Sate Disbursement Unit, or Ohio Child Support Payment Central. He prefers to use Illinois since that is where the original order was set up. Can his ex close out the case at CSEA in Ohio since there is already one in Illinois? Seems unnecessary to have 2 places involved when only one is needed.


Junior Member
I'm in Florida, but I know that many of the child support agencies work along the same lines. If it is an interstate case, it is possible that there would be more than one agency involved. If the custodial parent is no longer in the state where the order is, it might be easier for them to work with their local cs office who in turn works with the other state to enforce the order.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential