• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Clostridioides Difficile

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state?AZ
On may 11 my wife went into a hospital to have Shoulder Surgery and after 2 days in the hoppital she was transfered to a medical facility for therapy. She was there untill may 29 when they said she was being transfered to another hospital because she had a blockage in her intestines but when she got to the other hospital they told her that was not the case but she had C Diff. Isin't that a conflict of interest or whatever just to get rid of her because she had C Diff and did not want her to know this.

quincy

What is the name of your state?AZ
On may 11 my wife went into a hospital to have Shoulder Surgery and after 2 days in the hoppital she was transfered to a medical facility for therapy. She was there untill may 29 when they said she was being transfered to another hospital because she had a blockage in her intestines but when she got to the other hospital they told her that was not the case but she had C Diff. Isin't that a conflict of interest or whatever just to get rid of her because she had C Diff and did not want her to know this.
Conflict of interest? No.

zddoodah

On may 11 my wife went into a hospital . . . and after 2 days in the hoppital she was transfered to a medical facility for therapy.
Are you implying that a hospital is NOT a medical facility? Not sure it's important, but you might want to clarify what the other "medical facility" is.

Isin't that a conflict of interest or whatever
Ummm...huh?

Your post seems to be asking us to speculate about the motivations of the personnel at the three medical facilities you mentioned. Obviously, no one here will have the slightest idea about that.

Do you have a legal question about which you'd like some input?

quincy

Because clostridioides difficile is contagious, the hospital that diagnosed your wife will (or should) be reporting the infection to the CDC. I imagine the facility where your wife was getting therapy for her shoulder was not equipped to handle her C. diff treatment.

You should be taking precautions right now so you are not infected, too, snowman. Because of your age (78), you are especially vulnerable to infection. Make sure you wash your hands thoroughly and frequently.

I am not seeing anything in what you have described that could be considered malpractice.

Last edited:

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
Isin't that a conflict of interest or whatever just to get rid of her because she had C Diff and did not want her to know this.
You are speculating as to what the hospital knew and what its motives were. Do you have any actual evidence to support that? Bear in mind that the C diff may not have been known to the hospital and may have only appeared after the transfer. Having had C diff once myself I can tell you that it can show up suddenly. I also know that C diff can be treated/managed in a medical care facility other than a hospital. I was transferred to a rehab/nursing facility when I had C diff. That is not to say that all facilities could do it, only that it doesn't require a hospital.

quincy

Clostridioides difficile is often the result of the antibiotics prescribed for use by a patient. Snowman, your wife might have been infected at any time during her hospitalization for shoulder surgery or, because it is contagious, she could have been infected during her therapy at the rehabilitation facility.

Here is a link to the CDC’s information on Clostridioides difficile:
https://www.cdc.gov/cdiff/index.html

I imagine the hospital where your wife is now has altered her antibiotics and is taking necessary precautions to prevent its further spread.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">