• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Clubhouse for preteens and teens

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Jeffara

Is there government funding or grants available to open a clubhouse sort of business for preteens and teens in a low income area? I have an existing property that needs alot of work. There are preteens and teens in my area who need a place to go during after school and the summer months to stay out of trouble and to learn trades to become responsible adults. Can I open a place like this with some help from the government? I live in North Carolina. In my neighborhood there have been alot of vandalism, breakins, etc., since I have a clolse relationship with the kids in my community, I know that it boils down to boredom and attention. Alot of them do not have anyone to talk to or teach them anything. I can reach some of them on a person to person level, but I think if a open a place like this full time (right now they pile up at my house and my food bill is outrageous!) I will be able to reach more of them and do some good. Adult members of my community are willing to help, but I need some sort of legal things to consider like, liscence, funding etc. any advice is welcome. Thanks

bigun

Every city that I know of, has someone that applies for state and federal grants for all sorts of projects. Were I you, I'd go see the city council person in the district that the house is located. Ask them to put you in touch with the people who handle grants as well as the liscensing and zoning boards. ANd, they may have some ideas of there own as to how and go about about a project of this type.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">