• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Co Executor Rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pac213up

MASSACHUSETTS

I am one of several beneficiaries in an estate left by my Grandmother. Unfortunately my Grandmother left two of my aunts as co executors. I say unfortunately because they basically disagree on everything and the execution of the will is taking longer than it needs to. My question is I have one co-executor that immediately hired a lawyer (the lawyer that drafted the will) and seems to pushing all the buttons. The other co-executor has not hired a lawyer because she cannot afford to do so. Are both co-executors able to hire a separate lawyer that will be paid by the funds of the estate? Or is this a cost the executors are responsible for paying by themselves? Thanks!

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">