• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

co. refusing to honor life ins. on car, threats to break in garage!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

megram

My parents had life insurance on their car lease, (in Michigan) my Dad has since died and Chrysler has denied the claim. He had no prior heart problems, was never treated for it, and died from a heart attack. Chrysler says he lied on the ins. policy because he said he didn't have a heart condition. He did have M.S., and said so. Both my parents names are on the lease, only my father signed the ins. policy. The woman working for Chrysler filled it out, he signed it. They are now demanding my mother turn in the car and said they will send someone to break down her garage door if she doesn't. They call and threaten her, and even have someone parked in front of her house, laying down in his car apparently waiting for her to leave! She is 65, had a massive heart attack two years ago, her doctor is concerned about this causing another. He also has stated that my father had no prior heart condition. Will she have to go to court? Can a lawyer stop the threats until they do go to court? Thanks so much for your help!

[Edited by megram on 04-18-2001 at 01:49 AM]

ALawyer

Probably and as this sounds as if it is OUTRAGEOUS and BAD FAITH , punitive damages may be involved.
MOST credit life insurance does NOT require any health statement, so this whole thing surprises me .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">