• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Co-Signed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

edelx001

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

I don't know if this is the area I need to be in. My Boyfriend is the primary on a car with his ex-girlfriend. When they separated he took one car and let her keep the other with an agreement that she would make the payments. In the past two years she has been late numerous times up to 60 days. He gets the phone call from the bank and he lets them know where they can find her. Then he stops getting calls.

Now the bank can not find her. We know he is liable for the car, especially since he is the primary. If the bank can not get ahold of her and he can not get a hold of her what are the options? He can't take her to court without serving her to meet in court correct? So if he cant serve her to try and get the car back our to come to terms what are his options?

He knows this is hurting his credit and wants to get this resolved, however, if he is having to make the car payments he does want the car back. If no one can find her, can he report the vehicle missing/stolen? Can the bank report it stolen? I know he has to pay the car loan since he is on it, we just want to get the car if she is not going to pay it. Any advice would be great.

He has told the bank if the repo it he will take it over. But I know he probably can't do that either.

Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">