• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

COA's Plumber put holes in the wall in my condo unit - whose responsible?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

I live in a condo complex and there were plumbing problems in my building. A neighbor called the plumber that the Condo Association uses. The plumber came out and could not find the clean-out, at first, so he cut holes into my walls and my neighbor's walls, looking for the main pipe that goes between our two units. He couldn't find the main pipe so he called his boss to come out and help him. His boss came and found the clean-out and they cleared the drain, using the clean-out. He told me that the Condo Association would pay for the damage to the walls. I call the Association and spoke to the property manager and he told me "I'll try to get someone out there soon". That was four weeks ago. I keep calling back and the property manager just keeps telling that he's going to get someone out here. I'm tired of waiting. I need to know whose legally responsible for the damages to my wall and can I get the work done myself and sue them for the cost of the repairs?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential