• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

COBRA insurance - california

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rupachristy

What is the name of your state? CA

I am currently pregnant and have my insurance thru my husband's work. I am due July 9th and he will out of a job after July 31st due to downsizing. When and how should he apply for COBRA insurance? Is this something he needs to go thru with his HR or contact separately? Also, how do we know if we even qualify for COBRA insurance? How long can we keep COBRA insurance since he has no prospects for a new job yet? This is all very confusing and his HR is not being helpful. I'm very concerned since we will need continued converage for well-baby and well-mother visits and possibly more if there are any complications. Thank you.

mlane58

Your spouse will get information about COBRA through his employer or the COBRA administrator.

They have 44 days from the end of his insurance to do so. Unles he hasn't heard anything at the end of the 44day period, he won't need to contact them He should contact his HR deptartment and tell them he will need COBRA, but he doesn't have to

COBRA can run for up to 18 months.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I answered this in great detail the other place where you posted it. It really isn't necessary to keep posting the same question over and over again. Mlane and Patty and Beth and I all post on the other board where you put this question (twice); you aren't going to get different answers.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">