• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

COBRA subsidy rules (Stimulus bill)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stu103

I live in Wisconsin. Last October 24th I left my job voluntarily for a new job. I took COBRA to get me through the 90 waiting period for insurance. I was fired before the probationary period was up so I was not eligible for the new company's insurance. I have continued to pay for COBRA from the original company. The way I have read what is available online I would be eligible for the 65% subsidy from the new stimulus bill due to me losing my job. My old HR manager says she doesn't think I am because I quit the company from which I get my COBRA coverage. Any one have any insight to this requirement? Thank you.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I think it's too soon to have an answer to this yet. They haven't even finished writing the regs yet.

Beth3

Everything I've read so far states that the COBRA subsidy only applies to individuals who were "involuntarily terminated." If you quit your job, then that does not include you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">