• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cobra

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

gwomer

What is the name of your state? Indiana

I was wondering how long a company has to send papers for cobra? I thought it was 45 days but I didn't know if that was business days only. I already have a small claims suit against my former employer for bounced payroll checks he is refusing to pay and was wondering if I can add this? Are there any damages I can claim?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Depending on whether or not the company self-administers their COBRA or uses a third party administrator, they have either 14 or 44 days to send an eligible employee or former employee the notification of their COBRA rights. You would file a complaint with the Department of Labor - a COBRA violation would not be handled in small claims court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">