• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cobra

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TinkerBelleLuvr

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

I was laid off from my place of employment on 8/4. Basically, the vacation pay and severance pay covered my insurance premiums through the end of the month.

I have yet to receive the COBRA paperwork. I am sending emails and letters to that regard today. What would be a next step if they fail to act upon the request?

Yes, COBRA is applicable in this case. I was the administrator so I know that for sure.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
They legally have up to 44 days from the last day of coverage, which is not necessarily the last day of employment, to provide COBRA info. If they miss that window, the regulatory agency for COBRA issues is the US DOL. You would give them a call and file a complaint.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
COBRA is always, always, always, always, always retroactive to the date of cancellation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">