• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cohabitation in Mississippi

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Renee f

Thats what drugs along with a mid life crises will do for you. I say mid life crises because his girlfriend is 33 and he is 53.

Just Blue

Break in by any means necessary? Several months ago he broke in the back door with a crow bar and took all the dead bolts off the doors, moved some of his stuff back into the house, cleaned the kitchen, cut all the lights on and then left.
If you put the deadbolts on to keep him out of HIS home...what he did was perfectly legal. He can break his lock just as you can break the lock. This home need to be sold and you each split the, if any, profit. Move on to a healthier relationship. Do not buy a home with a non-spouse.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Break in by any means necessary? Several months ago he broke in the back door with a crow bar and took all the dead bolts off the doors, moved some of his stuff back into the house, cleaned the kitchen, cut all the lights on and then left.
Yes, pretty much by any means necessary short of illegal means (dynamite, etc.) Why would he have needed to do that? Not that it was illegal...I'm just curious.
Maybe he lost his keys.... Or maybe the deadbolts didn't have exterior locks? Or maybe she changed the locks...

He'd been out of the house almost a year.

Renee f

I didn't change any locks when he left. He had keys I don't know if he lost them or what. I had to go buy new locks so I could lock up the house when I was going some where.

Renee f

I have contacted several lawyers to get this process started. I haven't found one that will talk too me about it they all say we don't take cases like that. If you know whom I can call that would be helpful as well. Believe you me I am not prolonging the inevitable. I want as far away from this as possible.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I would suggest that you keep calling around. Make sure that ask for a referral if you are turned away.

Just Blue

I have contacted several lawyers to get this process started. I haven't found one that will talk too me about it they all say we don't take cases like that. If you know whom I can call that would be helpful as well. Believe you me I am not prolonging the inevitable. I want as far away from this as possible.
You will need a Real Estate Attorney. Contact the State Bar for a referral. You could ask the Ex if he would buy you out or if you could buy him out.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">