• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

collapse of part of a house

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

darock

live in Michigan, on 12/31/02 I was in my daughters room moving furniture and I put my foot through the floor. I called the insurance company that day and filed a claim. I was contacted by the adjuster after the first of the year and she said she was sending out a contractor too look at the damage. He did his estimate and submitted it to her in the amount of $20806 and she denied the claim. She never came to the house to look at the damage. Well I wasnt happy so I called the tv news and then and only then did the insurance company send out anyone. This guy told me that he couldnt go against the first adjusters denial that he was only there to do a reinspection of the property but the first adjuster never inspected the property her self. My policy is an HO3 and it covers collapse to a building or any part of the building cause by hidden decay. The part of my floor that I went through was covered by wall to wall carpet, and I have a crawl space so I didnt have a clue to what was going on under my house so all the damage is hidden under the floor. What should I do now I have already filed with the insurance commision but they said it will take them another 8 weeks or more to tell me anything.

HomeGuru

darock said:
live in Michigan, on 12/31/02 I was in my daughters room moving furniture and I put my foot through the floor. I called the insurance company that day and filed a claim. I was contacted by the adjuster after the first of the year and she said she was sending out a contractor too look at the damage. He did his estimate and submitted it to her in the amount of $20806 and she denied the claim. She never came to the house to look at the damage. Well I wasnt happy so I called the tv news and then and only then did the insurance company send out anyone. This guy told me that he couldnt go against the first adjusters denial that he was only there to do a reinspection of the property but the first adjuster never inspected the property her self. My policy is an HO3 and it covers collapse to a building or any part of the building cause by hidden decay. The part of my floor that I went through was covered by wall to wall carpet, and I have a crawl space so I didnt have a clue to what was going on under my house so all the damage is hidden under the floor. What should I do now I have already filed with the insurance commision but they said it will take them another 8 weeks or more to tell me anything.
**A: hire an attorney to negotiate or sue your insurance company.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">