• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Collecting again an LLC

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BrknSparrow

Hello. I am in wisconsin.

I was in independent contractor that was fired after paying for a full month of rent. The LLC refused to pay me back so I took them to small claims court. It was ruled in my favor. I tried listing the owner in the case but the case against her was dismissed. I am now owed rent plus court costs. Roughly $740. The LLC was required to fill out a financial disclosure agreement and send me a copy. It's barely filled out and says the company only has $100 in the account and no other assets. I know what they are doing. They are filtering money out of the account so I cannot collect. This business is still up and running making hundreds of dollars a day. The owner in fact just took a trip out of the country. I have no idea what my next step is to try and collect. Thank you for your time.

BrknSparrow

My contract was set up odly. It was a IC with a booth rental agreement. I had to pay every month to rent the space to work. She paid the rent to the property owner and I paid her. I'm a dog groomer. It's set up like a beauty salon. Legality is questionable but not the point

quincy

Thank you for providing an explanation. I appreciate it.

If the court ordered financial disclosure and the LLC is failing to comply with the order, you can file a motion and request for a hearing on contempt or a motion seeking enforcement of the order for financial disclosure.

You can call your court or go to the court's website to ask about the proper form to use. I think you will want Form SC 507A (possibly Form SC 507B).

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">